Hockley Parish Council has a vacancy for an outdoor worker to work on their own initiative as well as jointly with another in maintaining the public open spaces and property within the Parish. Click on the arrow for more information and an application form. Closing date for applications is Thursday 30th of September 2021.
Hockley Parish Council Elections
What do local councils do?
Your local council has overall responsibility for the wellbeing of your local community. Their work falls into three main categories:
- Delivery of services;
- Improve quality of life for residents;
- Give communities a democratic voice.
Becoming a Councillor
As a local councillor, you can become a voice for your community and make real change. Councillors are community leaders and represent the interests of the communities they serve.
Local councillors have three main responsibilities:
- Getting involved locally.
To stand for election to a local council you must be:
- a UK or Commonwealth citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member State of the European Union;
- at least 18 years old;
- an elector of the local council; or in the past 12 months occupied land or other premises in the area the local council serves (as owner or tenant); or work in the area local council serves (as your principal or only place of work); or live within three miles of the local council boundary.
If you are interested, contact the council on: firstname.lastname@example.org